Our Client is Our First Priority ®
We work with endowments, foundations, individual high-net-worth clients and families to manage, build, preserve and ultimately transfer wealth between generations. We utilize a prudent process that mutually discovers client needs and concerns and leads to the development of practical investment strategies that are objective, independent, and designed to maximize cost efficiencies. By the time the strategies are implemented, clients achieve confidence in the determined investment rationale because of their shared involvement in the process. Managing risk and resources is critical to achieving financial wellbeing. When the strategy is implemented, clients are confident that the investment rationale utilized will accomplish their goals because of their participation in the investment process and outcome. Together, clients and their investment manager at Nevada Trust Company have conceived, documented, adopted and launched a portfolio that reflects their mutually agreed upon objectives.
Nevada Trust Company serves as investment manager for assets owned by trusts and endowments as well as individual investment accounts held in custody. We can also work comfortably with a client’s existing investment manager while acting solely as a trustee or custodian. In cases where we accept the duties of investment manager, our investment philosophy reflects our clients' interest in protecting principal while maximizing after-tax returns within acceptable risk parameters. Investment strategies are tailored to satisfy clients' varying life goals including specific income needs, tax status, risk tolerance and future plans.
Recognizing that the highest returns also bear the highest risks, client service agreements are documented in a written investment policy statement that helps us to better develop and monitor the correct asset allocation strategy for each client. Client portfolios are normally managed from a long-term, low turnover perspective because consistent long-term growth is valued over short-term gains.
Supported by asset allocation models to recommend portfolio changes, we emphasize prudent investing. By applying experience, knowledge, and expertise along with technology and research, we clearly focus on clients' interests. NTC never charges commissions on investments. Instead, fees are based on the assets managed and administered. This relationship fosters a mutuality of outcome with clients.
Clients have access to the following investment management services offered by NTC:
- Equity portfolios managed by NTC comprised of individual securities are usually appropriate when investable funds exceed $500,000.
- Individual bond portfolios to secure a stream of predictable current income. Because interest rate swings change bond values, NTC uses high quality bonds and varies maturities to minimize the impact of interest rate changes.
- The Alpha/Select® Portfolio of actively-managed, closely-monitored partnerships selected for their top quintile investment performance in focused styles that currently include large cap core equity, large cap dividend value, mid cap core equity, small/mid cap growth equity, and emerging markets.
- Alternative Investments. As appropriate we can include a wide range of alternative investments in client portfolios in order to seek non-correlated returns and broader diversification. We regularly evaluate alternative investments to maintain a broad perspective on available investments so as to be able to have appropriate options as a client situation requires.
Complex Asset Administration
True wealth management must include the ability to assist clients with their circumstances, regardless of what those may be. Beyond the traditional investment management of marketable securities, Nevada Trust Company specializes in administering almost any type of asset. We refer to these as “complex assets” because they usually require special knowledge and a rare willingness to take on the effort required to deal with the complexity associated with properly caring for these asset categories. Nevada Trust Company’s experience in administering such assets includes, but is not limited to, the following types of assets:
- Real estate
- Closely-held business interests
- Mineral rights
- Intellectual property rights
- Trust deeds
- Rare collections
- Licensing rights
- Precious metals
- Private debt
Typically, estates hold a wide variety of assets bound together by a complicated network of family relationships; tax authorities; old, missing or out-of-date documents; unexpected claimants; and, infrequently, even litigation. Nevada Trust Company has the experience not only to navigate through, but also to clarify and resolve the issues leading to a resolution.